This website is a project of the University of California Science@Cal initiative. Web design, navigation, content, implementation, and maintenance are the responsibility of the Science@Cal Education Outreach Team: Rachel Winheld, Judy Scotchmoor, Peter Williams, David Smith, Justyn Jaworski, Eddie Wang, and Jing Jing He.
Science@Cal is pleased to thank the following UC Berkeley sponsors of our website.
- Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research
- Council of Science & Engineering Deans
- Office of Public Affairs
- College of Letters & Science, Computer Resources Department
- UC Museum of Paleontology
- Bernard Sadoulet, Professor of Physics and Director, UC Institute for Nuclear/Particle Astrophysics and Cosmology
- Contributing academic departments, listed at the Science@Cal Network page.
Science@Cal thanks the following Cal staff, students and faculty for contributing text to introduce the spotlighted topics:
- Process and Nature of Science (January): Judy Scotchmoor, UC Museum of Paleontology and Rachel Winheld, Experimental Cosmology Group
- Evolution (February): Judy Scotchmoor, UC Museum of Paleontology
- Physics and Technology (March): Maria Hjelm and Carol Dudley, Department of Physics
- Energy Resources (April): Excerpted from Energy at Berkeley, a UC Berkeley–Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory publication
- Sustainability and the Environment (May): Jennifer Skene, UC Museum of Paleontology
- The Ocean and Water (June): Craig Strang, Lawrence Hall of Science
- Astronomy (July): Steven Stahler, Department of Astronomy
- Weather and Climate (August): Norman Miller, Department of Geography and Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- Biodiversity and Conservation (September): Bradley Balukjian, Department of Environmental Science, Policy & Management
- Geosciences and Planet Earth (October): Peggy Hellweg and Jennifer Taggart, Berkeley Seismological Laboratory
- Chemistry (November): Camille Olufson and Mindy Rex, College of Chemistry
- Science & Health (December): Michael Broder, School of Public Health