In 2008, Science at Cal was envisioned as a unifying effort to raise public awareness, understanding and appreciation of scientific research at Berkeley. To realize this vision, we engage the vast Berkeley STEM community as science communicators and foster creative collaborations among campus and community-based groups who share our commitment to equity and inclusion in STEM education and careers.
Our MissionScience at Cal connects UC Berkeley Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) researchers with diverse community groups of all ages and backgrounds, for science engagement and learning. Accessibility, inclusiveness, creativity and innovation are hallmarks of Science at Cal events, which reach tens of thousands of people annually.
Throughout the year, Science at Cal presents ongoing, free outreach programs in STEM and other disciplines, helps promote other groups’ related efforts, and creates new programs and initiatives at Berkeley and in the community. This broad scope of activities is made possible by Science at Cal’s dynamic network of campus alliances and valuable community partnerships.Science at Cal gives special thanks to:
- UC Berkeley Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research for their generous support.
- Members of the Science at Cal Advisory Council for contributing their expertise and experience toward the sustainability and advancement of our work.
- Members of the Science at Cal network whose participation is the foundation of Science at Cal.
- Bernard Sadoulet, Professor of Physics and Director of UC Institute for Nuclear/Particle Astrophysics and Cosmology, for guidance and in-kind support.
- COPUS for creating a dynamic national forum for the ongoing celebration of science.